Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Affirms Acquisition of GameChanger Media
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DICK'S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) announced the acquisition of GameChanger Media as a new part of its DICK'S Team Sports HQ suite of digital youth sports offerings. GameChanger is a live scoring app that delivers data-driven coaching insights, live play-by-play updates and instant game recap stories for 165,000 amateur baseball and softball teams.
"We are very excited to acquire GameChanger to enhance our DICK'S Team Sports HQ platform. GameChanger will allow us to provide the baseball and softball communities better tools and in-game information for coaches, players and fans alike," said Edward W. Stack, Chairman & CEO, DICK'S Sporting Goods. "We believe the addition of GameChanger and its unique in-game mobile experience to DICK'S Team Sports HQ strongly supports our efforts to provide unparalleled technological capabilities to youth, prep teams and leagues across the country."
"GameChanger exists to serve the needs of coaches, parents and volunteers who dedicate so much time and energy to amateur sports," said Ted Sullivan, VP/CEO of GameChanger. "And now as part of the DICK'S Sporting Goods family, we look forward to further enhancing the youth sports experience for these team communities."
DICK'S Team Sports HQ offers youth sports leagues, teams, coaches and parents across the country three key services – free league management services, including websites and online registration with free mobile app for scheduling and communications; custom uniforms and FanWear shops; and access to donations and sponsorships.
More information on Teams Sports HQ can be found by visiting dicks.com/TSHQ.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!