Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Acquires Affinity Sports
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
DICK'S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) announced the acquisition of Affinity Sports, a sports management technology company based in San Diego. Affinity Sports will provide key services to various youth sports National Governing Bodies and large-scale organizations under the DICK'S Team Sports HQ platform.
DICK'S Team Sports HQ launched in January of 2016 and provides an all-in-one platform that offers youth sports leagues across the country three key services – online registration and team/league websites, custom uniforms and FanWear and access to donations and sponsorships.
"We're excited to continue to grow our footprint in the important space of youth sports technology," said Edward W. Stack, Chairman & CEO, DICK'S Sporting Goods. "At DICK'S, we believe that sports matter and providing access to sports is a key priority for us. The acquisition of Affinity Sports will help us to deliver an unparalleled service to some of the largest youth sports organizations in the country."
Affinity's specialized sports management software will both facilitate and simplify the registration, scheduling and communication processes between national or regional governing bodies and their associated leagues, working to close existing communication gaps and enabling better player and coach visibility between these important groups.
League administrators will also be able to use the online tools through DICK'S Team Sports HQ to design gear specific to their league, allowing coaches and parents to order uniforms and FanWear right from their league website.
To continue their effort of supporting organizations that inspire and enable sports participation, DICK'S Sporting Goods will also make donations and sponsorships available to these groups through DICK'S Team Sports HQ.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Interpace Diagnostics (IDXG) Enters Pact With Israeli Specialty Services Provider Best Med
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!