Diamond Offshore (DO) Announces Termination of Ocean Valor Contract with Petrobras (PBR)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Diamond Offshore Drilling (NYSE: DO) disclosed the following in an SEC filing on Thursday:
Item 7.01. Regulation FD Disclosure
On August 30, 2016, a subsidiary of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. (the “Company”) received notice of termination from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. (“Petrobras”) of its drilling contract on the Ocean Valor. The drilling contract, which was extended in 2014, was estimated to conclude in accordance with its terms in October 2018. The Company does not believe that Petrobras had a valid or lawful basis for terminating the contract, and the Company intends to defend the rights of its subsidiary under the contract.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Verisign Inc. (VRSN) Reports Amendments to Agreements with DOC, ICANN
- Short-Seller Hits Back Against Banc of California (BANC); Threatens to Release 'Thousands' of Pages of Documents
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!