Descartes Systems Group (DSGX) Announces Acquisition of B2B Solutions Provider 4Solutions
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) announced that it has acquired 4Solutions, a leading Australia-based provider of cloud-based business-to-business (“B2B”) supply chain integration solutions.
4Solutions is the market leader for B2B supply chain integration and trading partner enablement solutions for the healthcare sector in Australia. 4Solutions operates the Health Supply Network, Australia’s foremost electronic document exchange network for the healthcare community. As part of this community, large multi-national, local pharmaceutical manufacturers and wholesalers can connect and collaborate to automate a wide array of supply chain processes spanning sourcing to delivery.
“We continue to look for opportunities around the world to expand the geographic reach, functional capabilities and the community of supply chain participants on our Global Logistics Network,” said Edward J Ryan, Descartes’ CEO. “By combining with 4Solutions, we’ve added a team of strong B2B domain experts and we’ve increased our footprint in Australia to better serve growing markets in Southeast Asia and beyond.”
“We see a lot of opportunities to not only grow the customer base in the region but also to expand what we do with our existing customers in Australia,” said Lee Karlinsky, Senior Vice President Emerging Markets at Descartes. “4Solutions’ customers will now have access to additional Descartes solutions to improve purchased transportation, shipment visibility, customs filing, fleet management and other related areas of supply chain execution and global trade compliance.”
4Solutions is headquartered just outside Sydney, Australia. The purchase price for the acquisition was approximately AUD 3.5 million (approximately USD $2.7 million at November 11, 2016), which was paid in cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- OCI N.V. Offers to Acquire Remaining OCI Partners (OCIP) Common Units
- Marcato Releases Open Letter to Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Franchisees
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Announces Positive Variation Procedure Outcome for COPAXONE European Label