Descartes Systems Group (DSGX) Announces Acquisition of B2B Solutions Provider 4Solutions
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) announced that it has acquired 4Solutions, a leading Australia-based provider of cloud-based business-to-business (“B2B”) supply chain integration solutions.
4Solutions is the market leader for B2B supply chain integration and trading partner enablement solutions for the healthcare sector in Australia. 4Solutions operates the Health Supply Network, Australia’s foremost electronic document exchange network for the healthcare community. As part of this community, large multi-national, local pharmaceutical manufacturers and wholesalers can connect and collaborate to automate a wide array of supply chain processes spanning sourcing to delivery.
“We continue to look for opportunities around the world to expand the geographic reach, functional capabilities and the community of supply chain participants on our Global Logistics Network,” said Edward J Ryan, Descartes’ CEO. “By combining with 4Solutions, we’ve added a team of strong B2B domain experts and we’ve increased our footprint in Australia to better serve growing markets in Southeast Asia and beyond.”
“We see a lot of opportunities to not only grow the customer base in the region but also to expand what we do with our existing customers in Australia,” said Lee Karlinsky, Senior Vice President Emerging Markets at Descartes. “4Solutions’ customers will now have access to additional Descartes solutions to improve purchased transportation, shipment visibility, customs filing, fleet management and other related areas of supply chain execution and global trade compliance.”
4Solutions is headquartered just outside Sydney, Australia. The purchase price for the acquisition was approximately AUD 3.5 million (approximately USD $2.7 million at November 11, 2016), which was paid in cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!