Descartes (DSGX) Acquires B2B Supply Chain Solutions Provider Appterra in $5.8M Deal
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) announced that it has acquired Appterra, a leading US-based provider of cloud-based business-to-business (“B2B”) supply chain integration solutions.
For over eight years, Appterra has helped its customers connect electronically, automate supply chain processes, and enhance collaboration and visibility among global trading partners. Led by a team of domain experts that understand supply chain business document processes and data compliance standards across a number of industry verticals, Appterra provides B2B integration as a cloud service for its customers. Appterra’s solutions help manage and streamline a wide array of complex, mission-critical documents found in typical procure-to-pay and order-to-cash processes.
“Our Global Logistics Network helps isolate customers from the complexities of different protocols, semantics and end-user requirements for managing and transmitting electronic supply chain data and documents,” said Edward J Ryan, Descartes’ CEO. “By adding Appterra’s technology and services to our business, our customers will have access to broader data integration capabilities for standardizing and automating buy-side and sell-side processes. Equally, Appterra’s customers will now join Descartes’ logistics community, presenting additional opportunities for trading partners to collect and share logistics data earlier in the business process.”
Descartes acquired Appterra for up-front consideration of $USD 5.8 million, plus potential performance-based consideration. The maximum amount payable under the all-cash performance-based earn-out is $USD 1.6 million, based on Appterra achieving revenue-based targets in each of the first two years post-acquisition. Any earn-out is expected to be paid in fiscal 2018 and fiscal 2019.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- Allergan (AGN) Announces Topline Relamorelin Phase 2b Data; Will Move to Acquire Motus Therapeutics
- Catabasis Pharma (CATB) Announces Presentation of Positive CAT-5571 Data in CF at NACFC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!