Depomed (DEPO) Debuts New CAMBIA Formulation; Includes Sucralose Sweetener
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Depomed Inc. (Nasdaq: DEPO) announced the introduction of a new formulation of CAMBIA (diclofenac potassium) for oral solution, that contains the sweetener sucralose, replacing the sweeteners saccharin sodium and aspartame. The new formulation, which was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, addresses some patient sensitivities towards certain sweeteners and is not as a result of any product safety concerns nor does it alter the efficacy profile of the product. CAMBIA® with sucralose will be available following the dispensing of current inventories containing aspartame.
CAMBIA® (diclofenac potassium for oral solution) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indicated for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura in adults (18 years of age or older).
“Recognizing that some patients may have sensitivities to aspartame, CAMBIA’s new formulation is a welcome addition to the migraine treatment arsenal,” said Alan Rapoport, M.D., Clinical Professor of Neurology at The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, and Immediate Past-President of the International Headache Society. “With this proactive step, Depomed continues their commitment to partnering with the medical community.”
“CAMBIA’s new formulation is aimed at improving the patient experience,” said Srinivas Rao, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer of Depomed. “We are pleased to be offering this new formulation as it exemplifies Depomed’s collaborative approach with physicians who are on the front line of treating patients with pain.”
With this reformulation, item 5.14 from the CAMBIA label titled Phenylketonurics which states “CAMBIA contains aspartame equivalent to phenylalanine 25 mg per packet.” is removed. Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an inherited metabolic disorder in which a person does not have the liver enzyme needed to break down phenylalanine.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!