Delta Apparel (DLA) Announces Acquisition of COAST Apparel
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Delta Apparel, Inc. (NYSE: DLA) announced that it has acquired substantially all of the assets of COAST Apparel. The COAST Apparel brand integrates the coastal experience of weekends and summers at the beach with everyday life throughout the year. Beginning with just a men’s polo shirt, COAST Apparel has since expanded into a full line of traditional, sports-casual attire, headwear and accessories. COAST Apparel primarily markets direct-to-consumer through two retail stores, located in Greenville, South Carolina and Pawley’s Island, South Carolina, and via its ecommerce site at www.coastapparel.com, and can also be found at select independent retailers.
Robert W. Humphreys, Delta Apparel’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented that “We are pleased to add COAST to our portfolio of lifestyle brands and are excited about its geographic versatility and growth potential across regional markets. Our recent experience and success in nurturing and growing other young brands and start-up businesses, particularly Salt Life and Art Gun, have proven the benefits of early-stage investment in high-growth potential brands and business extensions. Through our infrastructure at Delta Apparel, COAST should be able to rapidly expand its footprint and grow its offerings to consumers. We plan to immediately add more COAST retail doors and build consumer awareness through enhanced digital outreach, positioning Delta Apparel for even faster e-commerce and direct-to-consumer growth.”
About COAST Apparel
COAST Apparel is a way of life. It's an attitude - an outlook that you project to others. No matter where you are in the world...no matter who you are...no matter what you are doing...you can always tap into the coast. You can put your feet in the sand. Smell the sea. Feel the sun on your skin and the breeze in your hair. With friends, family and loved ones, it's endless good times...at your pace. Are you ready to COAST? COAST Apparel is headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) Says It's in Discussions on Acquisition of Novel Cancer Project
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!