Delta Air Lines (DAL) Says Flight Operations Have Returned to Normal
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) posted the following to its Blog on Thursday:
Flight operations have returned to normal following Monday’s outage, airline officials said at noon today. Delta started the day with roughly 25 mainline flights canceled—some due to bad weather in the Midwest—and no additional cancellations are anticipated.
“The airline is back on its feet, moving past this week’s disruption and operating normally,” said Dave Holtz, Delta’s Senior Vice President—Operations and Customer Center. “Running a reliable operation is something we pride ourselves on and frankly, that didn’t happen this week. But our teams have worked tirelessly to bring back the dependable airline our customers have known us to be and have come to expect from us.”
With the impact of the power loss is in the rearview mirror, the airline is carefully monitoring the development of a weather system that may hit the eastern third of the U.S. later today, with the possibility of air traffic control-related delays possible in the Northeast. No additional cancellations as a result of weather are expected, however.
The airline plans to fly more than 610,000 people today. By noon Thursday, nearly 2,200 flights had departed with more than 85 percent departing within 15 minutes of the scheduled departure time.
Even so, customers traveling today should check the status of their flight at delta.com or the Fly Delta App. Delta's travel waiver has been extended through Thursday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) Names Keith Creel to Succeed as CEO
- Under Armour (UA) Signs NFL Draft Prospect Leonard Fournette
- Duke Energy (DUK) Reaches Settlement to Resolve Florida Power Plant Lawsuit
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insiders' Blog
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!