Delta Air Lines (DAL) Enters SkyMiles Partnership with Airbnb
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and Airbnb are teaming up to offer SkyMiles Members an opportunity to earn miles on all Airbnb bookings worldwide when accommodations are reserved via delta.com/airbnb.
Airbnb, one of the world's largest accommodations providers, offers its customers the unique opportunity to "live like a local" in more than 190 countries with over 2.5 million homes around the world. Delta is the largest U.S. global carrier to partner with Airbnb.
Now, SkyMiles Members can expect more choices and more miles on their next journey when they book with Airbnb, whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month. Together, Airbnb and SkyMiles make the "Fly Global, Live Local" experience more rewarding.
"This industry leading partnership enables us to provide a unique benefit to our SkyMiles members, enabling us to reward them for their lifestyle choices through the SkyMiles loyalty program." said Sandeep Dube, Delta Vice President - Customer Engagement & Loyalty. "This partnership brings together two innovative brands focused on delivering superior travel experiences across the globe to customers."
"We are excited to partner with Delta and offer their travelers the opportunity to earn Delta miles when staying and hosting on Airbnb, while creating memorable moments with friends and family," said Lex Bayer, Head of Business Development, Airbnb. "SkyMiles members can now enjoy the additional benefits of living like a local with authentic travel experiences on Airbnb in all global destinations that Delta services."
All SkyMiles Members can earn miles with Airbnb by booking directly through delta.com/airbnb. Customers who are not already enrolled in the SkyMiles program can sign up for free through the partner page or delta.com/enroll to become eligible.
SkyMiles Member benefits offered exclusively at delta.com/airbnb include:
- 1 mile per dollar* spent on qualifying stays
- Up to 1,000 bonus miles and a $25 Airbnb coupon code toward a qualifying first stay for new Airbnb guests
- Up to 25,000 bonus miles for new Airbnb hosts
Beyond the partnership, Airbnb has signed Delta as one of its preferred airline suppliers to transport its employees travelling on company business. Additionally, Delta has signed on to be the exclusive airline sponsor of the annual Airbnb Open event, held in Los Angeles, beginning on Nov. 17. As an event partner, Delta is providing exclusive airfare discounts for thousands of global attendees and hosting a branded lounge space.
SkyMiles Members can use their miles, which never expire, to travel to over 1,000 global destinations. Award tickets start at just 10,000 miles, plus taxes and fees, for one-way awards. Members can also use their miles to upgrade seats, gain access to exclusive events with SkyMiles Experiences, buy memberships to Delta Sky Clubs, buy premium drinks at Clubs and more.
* Members are eligible to receive 1 mile per $1 USD (or foreign equivalent), excluding taxes and fees. Terms apply and are available at delta.com/airbnb
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AerCap Holdings (AER) Signs 20 Aircraft Lease Agreement with Loong Air
- Immune Pharma (IMNP) Enters Exclusive Sub-License Agreement with SATT Sud-Est
- Morgan Stanley Downgrades Travelport Worldwide Limited (TVPT) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!