Danaher (DHR) to Acquire Cepheid (CPHD) for $4B
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD) today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement with Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR) under which Danaher will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Cepheid common stock for $53 per share in cash, or a total enterprise value of approximately $4 billion including indebtedness and net of acquired cash.
"Cepheid's vision has always been to enable as many people as possible to have access to powerful molecular diagnostic tests that provide critical information on a timely basis to guide treatment and patient management," said John Bishop, Cepheid's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "As a standalone company for the last 20 years, Cepheid has been a leading innovator in molecular diagnostics, to date installing more than 11,000 GeneXpert Systems, and delivering tens of millions of tests spanning healthcare associated infections, critical infectious disease, sexual health, and virology."
"Looking forward as a part of Danaher and its $5 billion Diagnostics platform, we believe that Cepheid will be able to reach an extended level of customers and patients more quickly than we could have on a standalone basis," continued Bishop. "Our employees will have more opportunities as part of a global science and technology company that shares Cepheid's commitment to innovation, and also has the capability to help accelerate expansion of our global market position."
The consideration represents approximately a 54% percent premium to Cepheid's common stock over the closing price of $34.42 on September 2, 2016. Cepheid's Board of Directors unanimously approved the transaction, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, subject to Cepheid shareholder approval, clearances by the relevant regulatory authorities and other customary closing conditions.
Fenwick & West LLP is acting as Cepheid's legal advisor for this transaction, and Goldman, Sachs & Co. is acting as Cepheid's exclusive financial advisor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!