DaVita (DVA), Rock Health Enter Healthcare-Focused Partnership
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
DaVita Inc. (NYSE: DVA) announces a partnership with Rock Health, the first venture fund dedicated to digital health and a leader in fostering innovation in healthcare.
The partnership will help facilitate direct connections between the diverse, innovative companies in Rock Health's portfolio and DaVita, to allow for opportunities to better serve DaVita's nearly two million patients, 67,000 teammates and 15,000 affiliated physicians around the world.
As a worldwide leader in healthcare services, DaVita will provide perspectives and strategic insights to Rock Health's entrepreneurs and help shape the future of innovation in human-centered healthcare.
"Health care is about the way we serve and treat our patients," said Kent Thiry, chairman and CEO of DaVita. "Our work with Rock Health is intended to advance the care and experience of our patients, today and in the future."
Throughout its history, DaVita has been at the forefront of innovation in patient care:
- First-ever renal-specific pharmacy, DaVita Rx
- Leader in home hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatment for patients
- Led the shift to integrated kidney care through establishing chronic special needs plans (CSNPs) and End Stage Renal Disease Seamless Care Organizations (ESCOs)
- Top kidney care online resource in the world, DaVita.com
Rock Health's mandate is impact, and it achieves this in part by supporting entrepreneurs striving to make healthcare massively better for every human being. Through its network of valuable industry partners with the same goal, Rock Health provides opportunities for its portfolio companies to work closely with leading providers like DaVita to accelerate innovation and improve care management.
"DaVita has innovation in its DNA and it's an honor to have them join us as a partner," said Bill Evans, managing director of Rock Health. "DaVita's reach and reputation as an industry-leading provider make this partnership particularly exciting for our portfolio companies."
To learn more, visit www.davita.com/about.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roka Bioscience (ROKA) Names Mary Duseau as CEO; Paul Thomas to Assume Role as Chairman
- FTC Suit Against Qualcomm (QCOM) Filed in San Jose Federal Court - Bloomberg
- NCR Corp. (NCR) Reports Agreement to Conclude Fox River Environmental Matter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!