DBV Technologies (DBVT) Announces Positive Viaskin CoFAR6 Study Results
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
DBV Technologies (Nasdaq: DBVT) today announced the publication of 12-month results from CoFAR6, a Consortium of Food Allergy Research (CoFAR) study sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), investigating the use of Viaskin Peanut for the treatment of peanut-allergic patients 4 to 25 years of age. The primary endpoint of the study, which measured a statistically significant desensitization to peanut, was met, with a greater clinical benefit reported in younger participants. The authors of the publication concluded that Viaskin Peanut was safe and could potentially be a convenient mode of treatment for peanut allergy.
Results from the CoFAR6 study were previously announced and presented at the 2016 American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) Annual Meeting in March 2016 in Los Angeles, CA.
“No FDA-approved treatment for peanut allergy exists today. Risks of severe reactions from accidental exposure are a constant threat for these patients, even when following a peanut-free diet,” said Dr. Stacie Jones, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, and lead author of the publication. “A novel treatment that can provide an essential balance between safety and efficacy will be of key importance in the treatment of these patients. The results from CoFAR6 with Viaskin Peanut are promising, and we are looking forward to learning more about this new treatment modality.”
Viaskin Peanut is the company’s lead product candidate, which is based on epicutaneous immunotherapy (EPIT), a proprietary technology platform that can deliver biologically active compounds to the immune system through the skin.
The CoFAR6 study publication, titled Epicutaneous Immunotherapy for the Treatment of Peanut Allergy in Children and Young Adults, was published online ahead of print in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (JACI): www.jacionline.org/inpress (DOI: 10.1016/j.jaci.2016.08.017).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!