Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Announces Receipt of FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ECCS-50 in Scleroderma
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTX) announced that the US FDA Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD) has granted Cytori an orphan drug designation for cryopreserved or centrally processed ECCS-50 for scleroderma.
“This orphan drug designation is part of our long-term strategy to facilitate the autologous retreatment of patients with scleroderma, if it is needed,” said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori Therapeutics. “Our development plan for cryopreserved ECCS-50 will be described in greater detail over the next few quarters.”
Orphan drug designation is granted by the FDA to drugs and biologics which are defined as those intended for the safe and effective treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases/disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the U.S. Orphan drug designation provides certain incentives which may include tax credits towards the cost of clinical trials and waivers from FDA user fees. If a product that has orphan drug designation subsequently receives the first FDA approval for the disease for which it has such designation, the product is entitled to orphan product exclusivity for seven years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galapagos NV (GLPG) Commences Dosing in SELECTION Phase 2b/3; Milestone Payment Triggered
- Vanda Pharma (VNDA) Enters Settlement with Apotex; Fanapt Licensing Agreement Entered
- Allergan (AGN) Receives Unfavorable PTAB Decision on RESTASIS-Related IPRs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!