Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Announces Receipt of FDA Orphan Drug Designation for ECCS-50 in Scleroderma
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTX) announced that the US FDA Office of Orphan Products Development (OOPD) has granted Cytori an orphan drug designation for cryopreserved or centrally processed ECCS-50 for scleroderma.
“This orphan drug designation is part of our long-term strategy to facilitate the autologous retreatment of patients with scleroderma, if it is needed,” said Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO of Cytori Therapeutics. “Our development plan for cryopreserved ECCS-50 will be described in greater detail over the next few quarters.”
Orphan drug designation is granted by the FDA to drugs and biologics which are defined as those intended for the safe and effective treatment, diagnosis or prevention of rare diseases/disorders that affect fewer than 200,000 people in the U.S. Orphan drug designation provides certain incentives which may include tax credits towards the cost of clinical trials and waivers from FDA user fees. If a product that has orphan drug designation subsequently receives the first FDA approval for the disease for which it has such designation, the product is entitled to orphan product exclusivity for seven years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Announces Clinically Meaningful Interim Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 Data
- Abiomed (ABMD) Receives Expanded PMA from FDA for Impella Heart Pump
- Aclaris Therapeutics (ACRS) Commences ATI-50001 Phase 1
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!