Cytokinetics (CYTK) Says Additional Results From COSMIC-HF to Be Presented at HFSA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) announced today that additional results from COSMIC-HF (Chronic Oral Study of Myosin Activation to Increase Contractility in Heart Failure), a Phase 2 trial evaluating omecamtiv mecarbil in patients with chronic heart failure, will be presented in a Rapid Fire Abstract Session at the 20th Annual Heart Failure Society of America Scientific Meeting from September 17-20 in Orlando, FL.
Abstract Title: The effect of omecamtiv mecarbil on symptoms of heart failure in the Chronic Oral Study of Myosin Activation to Increase Contractility in Heart Failure (COSMIC-HF)Speaker: John Teerlink, M.D., professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of California San Francisco and director of Heart Failure at the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical CenterSession Title: Rapid Fire AbstractsLocation: Gaylord Palms Hotel & Convention Center, Sun DDate: Sunday, September 18Time: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
About Omecamtiv Mecarbil
Omecamtiv mecarbil is a novel cardiac myosin activator. Cardiac myosin is the cytoskeletal motor protein in the cardiac muscle cell that is directly responsible for converting chemical energy into the mechanical force resulting in cardiac contraction. Cardiac myosin activators are thought to accelerate the rate-limiting step of the myosin enzymatic cycle and shift the enzymatic cycle in favor of the force-producing state. Preclinical research has shown that cardiac myosin activators increase contractility in the absence of changes in intracellular calcium in cardiac myocytes.
Omecamtiv mecarbil is being developed by Amgen in collaboration with Cytokinetics. Amgen holds an exclusive, worldwide license to omecamtiv mecarbil and related compounds, subject to Cytokinetics’ specified development and commercialization rights. Amgen has granted a sublicense to Les Laboratoires Servier to commercialize omecamtiv mecarbil in Europe and certain other countries.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN), Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announce Publication of Significant Omecamtiv Mecarbil Phase 2 Data
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!