Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announces Enrollment of First Patient in VIGOR-ALS
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) announced the first patient has been enrolled in VIGOR-ALS (Ventilatory Investigations in Global Open-Label Research in ALS), an open-label extension clinical trial designed to assess the long-term safety and tolerability of tirasemtiv, in patients with ALS who have completed their participation in VITALITY-ALS, the Phase 3 clinical trial designed to assess the effects of tirasemtiv versus placebo on slow vital capacity (SVC) and other measures of respiratory and skeletal muscle function.
“People living with ALS desperately need new therapies and VIGOR-ALS reflects our commitment to the patients that participated in VITALITY-ALS and who contributed enormously to the development of a potential new medicine for patients with ALS,” said Fady I. Malik, MD, PhD, Cytokinetics’ Executive Vice President, Research & Development. “This trial will provide supplemental data on the effects of long-term use of tirasemtiv.”
VIGOR-ALS is an open-label extension trial of tirasemtiv in patients with ALS who completed participation in VITALITY-ALS. The primary endpoint of the trial is the incidence of adverse events in the patient population. Secondary endpoints include the time to events such as death or the first use of assisted ventilation or respiratory insufficiency (defined as tracheostomy or the use of non-invasive ventilation for ≥22 hours per day for ≥10 consecutive days); decline from baseline in percent predicted slow vital capacity (SVC), ALS functional rating scale-revised (ALSFRS-R); and the slope of change from baseline in percent predicted SVC and ALSFRS-R. Following enrollment, patients will begin dosing of tirasemtiv 125 mg twice daily (250 mg/day) for a period of 4 weeks and will titrate to their maximum tolerated dose (based on tolerability), to no higher than 250 mg twice daily (500 mg/day). Additional information on the trial can be found at clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!