Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announces Enrollment of First Patient in VIGOR-ALS
- Wall St. gains across sectors ahead of Trump inauguration
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
- Investment Focus: History suggests Trump month will be stocks down, dollar up
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) announced the first patient has been enrolled in VIGOR-ALS (Ventilatory Investigations in Global Open-Label Research in ALS), an open-label extension clinical trial designed to assess the long-term safety and tolerability of tirasemtiv, in patients with ALS who have completed their participation in VITALITY-ALS, the Phase 3 clinical trial designed to assess the effects of tirasemtiv versus placebo on slow vital capacity (SVC) and other measures of respiratory and skeletal muscle function.
“People living with ALS desperately need new therapies and VIGOR-ALS reflects our commitment to the patients that participated in VITALITY-ALS and who contributed enormously to the development of a potential new medicine for patients with ALS,” said Fady I. Malik, MD, PhD, Cytokinetics’ Executive Vice President, Research & Development. “This trial will provide supplemental data on the effects of long-term use of tirasemtiv.”
VIGOR-ALS is an open-label extension trial of tirasemtiv in patients with ALS who completed participation in VITALITY-ALS. The primary endpoint of the trial is the incidence of adverse events in the patient population. Secondary endpoints include the time to events such as death or the first use of assisted ventilation or respiratory insufficiency (defined as tracheostomy or the use of non-invasive ventilation for ≥22 hours per day for ≥10 consecutive days); decline from baseline in percent predicted slow vital capacity (SVC), ALS functional rating scale-revised (ALSFRS-R); and the slope of change from baseline in percent predicted SVC and ALSFRS-R. Following enrollment, patients will begin dosing of tirasemtiv 125 mg twice daily (250 mg/day) for a period of 4 weeks and will titrate to their maximum tolerated dose (based on tolerability), to no higher than 250 mg twice daily (500 mg/day). Additional information on the trial can be found at clinicaltrials.gov.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!