Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announces Completion of VITALITY-ALS Patient Enrollment
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) announced the completion of patient enrollment in VITALITY-ALS (Ventilatory Investigation of Tirasemtiv and Assessment of Longitudinal Indices after Treatment for a Year in ALS), an international Phase 3 clinical trial of tirasemtiv in patients with ALS. VITALITY-ALS is designed to assess the effects of tirasemtiv versus placebo on slow vital capacity (SVC) and other measures of skeletal muscle strength in patients with ALS. VITALITY-ALS enrolled more than 700 patients in 81 centers in 11 countries. Results from VITALITY-ALS are expected in the second half of 2017. The company also announced that enrollment in the open-label extension to VITALITY-ALS is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of this year.
“Completion of enrollment in VITALITY-ALS marks a significant milestone for Cytokinetics as well as the ALS community as we take another step toward advancing what could be the first potential new medicine for people with ALS in more than 20 years,” said Fady I. Malik, MD, PhD, Cytokinetics’ Executive Vice President, Research & Development. “We would like to express our thanks to the dedicated investigators and clinical site coordinators who are conducting the trial and also patients with ALS and their caregivers who are participating. We look forward to reporting results in the second half of 2017.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Cytokinetics (CYTK), Origent Announce Part 1 Results from Vital Capacity Prediction in Patients With ALS
- Biocept (BIOC) Announces Strong Data from Target Selector CTC in Actionable Biomarker Detection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!