Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announces Completion of VITALITY-ALS Patient Enrollment
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cytokinetics, Inc. (Nasdaq: CYTK) announced the completion of patient enrollment in VITALITY-ALS (Ventilatory Investigation of Tirasemtiv and Assessment of Longitudinal Indices after Treatment for a Year in ALS), an international Phase 3 clinical trial of tirasemtiv in patients with ALS. VITALITY-ALS is designed to assess the effects of tirasemtiv versus placebo on slow vital capacity (SVC) and other measures of skeletal muscle strength in patients with ALS. VITALITY-ALS enrolled more than 700 patients in 81 centers in 11 countries. Results from VITALITY-ALS are expected in the second half of 2017. The company also announced that enrollment in the open-label extension to VITALITY-ALS is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of this year.
“Completion of enrollment in VITALITY-ALS marks a significant milestone for Cytokinetics as well as the ALS community as we take another step toward advancing what could be the first potential new medicine for people with ALS in more than 20 years,” said Fady I. Malik, MD, PhD, Cytokinetics’ Executive Vice President, Research & Development. “We would like to express our thanks to the dedicated investigators and clinical site coordinators who are conducting the trial and also patients with ALS and their caregivers who are participating. We look forward to reporting results in the second half of 2017.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Independent Bank (INDB), Island Bancorp Enter Merger Agreement
- PTC Therapeutics (PTCT) Commences RG7916 Phase 2 in Type 2/3 SMA Patients with Roche, SMAF
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!