CytRx (CYTR) Completes Aldoxorubicin Phase 2b Enrollment in SCLC
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CytRx Corporation (Nasdaq: CYTR) announced that it has reached its enrollment target of 132 patients for the company's global Phase 2b clinical trial of aldoxorubicin in patients with previously treated small cell lung cancer (SCLC). The Phase 2b study is a randomized, comparative trial being conducted at 41 sites in the United States, Hungary and Spain.
"Patients with metastatic small cell lung cancer who have relapsed or are refractory to first-line chemotherapy have few treatment options," said Steven A. Kriegsman, Chairman and CEO of CytRx. "Aldoxorubicin represents a potential new therapy to combat this aggressive form of cancer. The Phase 2b trial uses a lower dose of aldoxorubicin than our Phase 3 trial in soft tissue sarcoma, which may improve the tolerability and potentially allow patients to stay on treatment longer. We look forward to reporting the trial results once they are available."
Because of the unmet medical need for patients with second-line SCLC, if the global Phase 2b clinical trial results are positive, CytRx intends to meet with the U.S. FDA to discuss the regulatory pathway for the submission of a New Drug Application for aldoxorubicin in this patient population.
The multicenter, randomized, open-label, global Phase 2b clinical trial enrolled 132 patients with metastatic SCLC who either did not respond to, or who progressed following treatment with one systemic therapy. Trial patients were randomized 1:1 to be treated with aldoxorubicin at a dose of 230mg/m2 (170mg/m2 of doxorubicin equivalents) or standard dose topotecan. The primary endpoint of the study is progression-free survival, and secondary endpoints include overall survival, response rates and safety.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- Catyalyst Pharma (CPRX) Updates on Amifampridine Phosphate Trial in CMS Patients
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Microsoft (MSFT) Enter Collaboration for Windows 10 on Snapdragon-Powered Mobile Devices
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!