Cynapsus (CYNA) Announces Receipt of FDA Fast Track Designation for APL-130277 as OFF Episodes Treatment in PD Patients
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: CYNA) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track Designation for APL-130277, a product candidate for the treatment of OFF episodes in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
“The FDA’s recognition of the significant need to address OFF episodes in Parkinson’s disease with the Fast Track Designation is further validation of the value in our fast-acting, thin strip approach,” said Anthony Giovinazzo, President and CEO of Cynapsus. “We look forward to continuing to work with the FDA to advance APL-130277 through the regulatory process to bring relief to patients suffering with OFF episodes as expeditiously as possible. Our Phase 3 clinical program is nearing completion and we plan to submit a new drug application (NDA) to the FDA in the first half of 2017.”
FDA's Fast Track Designation is designed to facilitate the development and expedite the review of drugs intended to treat serious conditions and with the potential to address an unmet medical need. Companies that receive Fast Track Designation are provided the opportunity for more frequent interactions with FDA during clinical development and are potentially eligible for accelerated approval and/or priority review, if relevant criteria are met. Additionally, companies that receive Fast Track Designation may be allowed to submit completed sections of their NDA for the drug on a rolling basis, resulting in the potential for an expedited FDA review process.
In addition, Cynapsus provided timing updates for two clinical trials. Based on patient visit schedules, post the dose titration phase, top line data for the Phase 3 Efficacy trial CTH-300 is expected in mid-to-late fourth quarter of 2016. Furthermore, the CTH-201 Phase 2 Thorough QT study, is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2016, and is planned to be completed in the first half of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sunovion Pharma Completes Acquisition of Cynapsus Therapeutics (CYNA)
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Alkermes' (ALKS) FORWARD-5 Pivotal Phase 3 Study of ALKS 5461 for Major Depressive Disorder Mets Primary Endpoint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!