Cynapsus (CYNA) Announces Receipt of FDA Fast Track Designation for APL-130277 as OFF Episodes Treatment in PD Patients
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: CYNA) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track Designation for APL-130277, a product candidate for the treatment of OFF episodes in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
“The FDA’s recognition of the significant need to address OFF episodes in Parkinson’s disease with the Fast Track Designation is further validation of the value in our fast-acting, thin strip approach,” said Anthony Giovinazzo, President and CEO of Cynapsus. “We look forward to continuing to work with the FDA to advance APL-130277 through the regulatory process to bring relief to patients suffering with OFF episodes as expeditiously as possible. Our Phase 3 clinical program is nearing completion and we plan to submit a new drug application (NDA) to the FDA in the first half of 2017.”
FDA's Fast Track Designation is designed to facilitate the development and expedite the review of drugs intended to treat serious conditions and with the potential to address an unmet medical need. Companies that receive Fast Track Designation are provided the opportunity for more frequent interactions with FDA during clinical development and are potentially eligible for accelerated approval and/or priority review, if relevant criteria are met. Additionally, companies that receive Fast Track Designation may be allowed to submit completed sections of their NDA for the drug on a rolling basis, resulting in the potential for an expedited FDA review process.
In addition, Cynapsus provided timing updates for two clinical trials. Based on patient visit schedules, post the dose titration phase, top line data for the Phase 3 Efficacy trial CTH-300 is expected in mid-to-late fourth quarter of 2016. Furthermore, the CTH-201 Phase 2 Thorough QT study, is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2016, and is planned to be completed in the first half of 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Minerva Neurosciences (NERV) Reports Additional Data Analyses From Phase IIb Trial of MIN-101 in Schizophrenia
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- CSS Industries (CSS) Names John Roselli as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!