Curtiss-Wright (CW) Affirms FY16 Outlook into Investor Day; Sees FY17 Sales Flat Y/Y
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation (NYSE: CW) announced in conjunction with its 2016 Investor Day event in Cheswick, PA, that it is reaffirming full-year 2016 guidance and providing its initial 2017 outlook.
- Company reaffirms full-year 2016 guidance for Sales, Operating Income, Operating Margin, Diluted EPS and Free Cash Flow;
- Operating margin to range from 14.2% to 14.4% in 2016, which is expected to be in the top quartile compared to the peer group;
- Maintaining full-year 2016 expectations for diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $4.00 to $4.15;
- Expecting modest, sequential improvement in third quarter diluted EPS ranging from $0.95 to $1.00, followed by a strong fourth quarter;
- Maintaining outlook for strong free cash flow generation of $300 million to $320 million in 2016; and
- Expecting full-year 2017 sales to be in-line with 2016, with continued operating margin expansion and solid free cash flow generation.
“Looking to the balance of 2016, we continue to anticipate sequential margin improvement as we execute against our operational initiatives and advance to top-quartile financial performance versus our peer group,” said David C. Adams, Chairman and CEO of Curtiss-Wright Corporation. “We are maintaining our full-year operating margin guidance for a 90 to 110 basis point improvement compared with pro forma 2015 results. In addition, we are maintaining our full-year free cash flow guidance and expect to deliver strong, double-digit growth in 2016.
“For 2017, we expect our sales to be in-line with 2016, as solid organic growth on the AP1000 program and within our defense businesses is expected to be offset by ongoing headwinds in our industrial and nuclear aftermarket businesses. We also expect moderate operating margin improvement, with a goal to achieve top quartile status compared with our peer group, as well as to generate solid free cash flow in 2017.
“Longer-term, we believe Curtiss-Wright is well positioned for future organic growth, which will further drive our profitability and cash flow. In addition, our strong balance sheet provides us with the flexibility to augment our growth through acquisition and we continue to actively evaluate potential opportunities that fit our stringent strategic and financial criteria.”
Investor Day 2016
Beginning at 8:30 am EDT this morning, Curtiss-Wright is hosting an Investor Day and conducting a live webcast to provide a strategic update and an overview of the commercial nuclear power business. A 15-min break has been scheduled for approximately 9:30 am, and the live webcast will conclude at approximately 11:00 am.
The event features presentations by David C. Adams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Glenn E. Tynan, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. Presentations on the Company’s nuclear end markets will be conducted by the Senior VP/General Managers of the operating divisions. The Company also will provide a tour of its facility in Cheswick, PA showcasing the AP1000 Reactor Coolant Pump (RCP).
Access to the webcast and the accompanying slide presentations will be posted under ‘Events and Webcasts’ in the Investor Relations section of Curtiss-Wright’s website at www.curtisswright.com. For those unable to participate in the live event, a webcast replay will be available on the Company’s website beginning approximately three hours after the conclusion of the event.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ProAssurance (PRA) Prelim. Q3 EPS Tops Views
- Buckeye Partners (BPL) Enters Agreement to Acquire 50% Stake in VTTI B.V. for $1.15B
- Avalonbay Communities (AVB) Reports In-Line Q3 FFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!