Cree (CREE) Sues Emson's TacLight Over Alleged Patent Infringement
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) has filed a complaint against E. Mishan & Sons, Inc. (“Emson”) with the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts for infringement of Cree’s patented LED technology in Emson’s flashlights, such as the Bell + Howell Taclight.
“Cree will not tolerate and will aggressively defend against such blatant disregard of its intellectual property rights,” said Dave Emerson, senior vice president and general manager for Cree LEDs. “We have an obligation to our customers to ensure that the market offers products that include the high-quality LED components that customers have come to expect. We are committed to protecting Cree’s investment in research and development on behalf of our customers, shareholders and our licensing partners.”
As part of the complaint, Cree is seeking an award of enhanced damages, attorneys’ fees and an injunction to prevent Emson from offering for sale and selling any products using knock-off LEDs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!