Cooper Cos. (COO) to Join S&P 500; Northwestern (NWE) and NuVasive (NUVA) to Join S&P MidCap 400; SPS Commerce (SPSC) and Fox Factory (FOXF) to Join S&P SmallCap 600
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 20, 2016 5:22 PM EDT)
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following changes to the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600 indices effective after the close of trading on Thursday, September 22:
S&P MidCap 400 constituent The Cooper Companies Inc. (NYSE: COO) will replace Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: HOT) in the S&P 500, S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Northwestern Corp. (NYSE: NWE) will replace Cooper Companies in the S&P MidCap 400, and SPS Commerce Inc. (NASDAQ: SPSC) will replace Northwestern in the S&P SmallCap 600. S&P 500 constituent Marriott International Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is acquiring Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide in a deal expected to be completed soon pending final conditions.
S&P SmallCap 600 constituent NuVasive Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) will replace FEI Co. (NASDAQ: FEIC) in the S&P MidCap 400, and Fox Factory Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: FOXF) will replace NuVasive in the S&P SmallCap 600. S&P 500 constituent Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) acquired FEI in a deal completed today.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Ceases Some Coverage for 3.4K Actively Trading Clients - DJ, Citing Memo
- Glazer Capital Sends Letter to PrivateBancorp (PVTB) Holders; Calls for Rejection of CIBC Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Index Changes, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!