Cooper Cos. (COO) Unit Acquires Smiths Medical's Wallace
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO) announced that CooperSurgical has acquired Wallace, the in-vitro fertilization (IVF) segment of Smiths Medical, a division of Smiths Group plc, for a purchase price of approximately $168 million subject to customary closing adjustments. Wallace reported sales of approximately $29 million in the last twelve months. Excluding non-recurring items and deal-related amortization, the transaction is expected to be approximately $0.10 accretive to earnings per share in fiscal 2017.
Commenting on the transaction, Robert S. Weiss, Cooper's president and chief executive officer said, “This acquisition is a great strategic fit with our existing IVF portfolio as Wallace brings the gold standard of embryo transfer catheters along with several other premier products such as oocyte retrieval needles. The addition of these products further strengthens our IVF portfolio which is sold into fertility clinics worldwide.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Herbalife (HLF) Provides Q4, FY17 Guidance in Memorandum for $1.325B Credit Facility; Lowers FY17 Sales Guidance
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!