Cooper (COO) Says Albert White to Replace Gregory Matz as CFO in Planned Transition
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE: COO) today announced that Gregory W. Matz, senior vice president, chief financial officer and chief risk officer, plans to retire from the company in early 2017 after more than six years of service to the company. As part of his planned transition, Mr. Matz intends to remain in his current role through fiscal year end October 31, 2016, and then act in an advisory capacity until March 2017 to ensure a smooth transition. Albert G. White, III will succeed Mr. Matz as chief financial officer, effective November 1, 2016. Mr. White will assume this role in addition to his current responsibilities as executive vice president and chief strategy officer of Cooper Companies, which includes responsibility for leading CooperSurgical.
“Greg has played a key role in helping Cooper deliver meaningful returns to our shareholders. On behalf of our Company, I want to thank him for his service and wish him the best in his retirement and future endeavors,” said Robert S. Weiss, Cooper’s president and chief executive officer.
Weiss added, “Al is a true professional with deep knowledge of the Cooper business built since joining the Company in 2006. He has excelled in key leadership positions at Cooper including leading CooperSurgical, strategy, treasury, IR, and communications. He also worked closely with Cooper in a banking capacity for many years prior to joining the company. I am highly confident in Al’s leadership and capabilities required for this expanded role.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Patterson Cos. (PDCO) Appoints New North America VP and New CIO
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Announces Data from Second-Season SENTINEL1 Study; Says Results Similar to Prior Season
- Gigamon (GIMO) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CFO Jackson Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!