Constellium N.V. (CSTM) Receives Contract with TARDEC
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Constellium N.V. (NYSE: CSTM) announced that it has been awarded a contract with TARDEC, the US Army Tank Automotive Research Development and Engineering Center supporting the Combat Vehicle Prototype (CVP) platform.
Being awarded this contract helps demonstrate the expertise of Constellium in the defense market and confirms its growing position as a leading partner for aluminium armored vehicle solutions. Under the agreement, Constellium will supply TARDEC with KEIKOR® 2139 for its entire CVP integrated hull capsule. KEIKOR® 2139 was previously selected for the successful CAMEL (Concept for Advanced Military Explosion-mitigating Land) program. KEIKOR® 2139's best-in-class blast performance combined with its superior armor piercing (AP) capabilities has proven to be the ideal material selection for TARDEC's next generation prototype fighting vehicle.
Constellium has been a key partner to the defense industry for many years, continuously developing new solutions for armored vehicles and upgrading in-service equipment. "We are proud to see KEIKOR® 2139, our leading solution for integral hull applications, selected over several other considered materials," said David Meacham, Vice President of Sales Transportation, Industry and Defense at Constellium. "Thanks to a tireless focus on research and innovation, and a strong investment program over the past five years, we have developed the broadest global offering of specialized aluminium alloys for armor applications."
"Constellium's KEIKOR® 2139 aluminium alloy met the necessary performance properties and characterized manufacturing process for the performance and packaging requirements that we were looking for in our hull structure," said Dr. Erik Polsen, TARDEC's chief engineer for CVP survivability. "What's more, once we selected the material, we were able to work with Constellium closely to begin the alloy processing quickly, and they were able to cut the originally-quoted delivery time by more than half."
Constellium will supply TARDEC with KEIKOR® 2139 product from its manufacturing plant in Ravenswood, West Virginia, in the United States.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
- Fifth Third Bank (FITB) to Acquire The Retirement Corporation of America; Terms Not Disclosed
- Viper Energy Partners (VNOM) Prices Upsized $131.75M Offering of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!