Connection (CNXN) Acquires GlobalServe
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
PC Connection, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNXN), an industry-leading National Technology Solutions Provider, announced it has acquired GlobalServe, a global IT procurement and service management company. Headquartered in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, GlobalServe will offer Connection’s multinational customers access to a global supply chain platform that delivers greater flexibility, scalability, and efficiency.
GlobalServe’s procurement engine, OneSource, provides real-time reporting—including Web-based access to complete dashboard and transaction information on IT assets as they move through the supply chain and IT lifecycle. Combined with a network of nearly 500 partners and 25,000 OEM-authorized service professionals in 174 countries, the OneSource system is designed to offer Connection’s customers consistent supply chain operations and competitive procurement through a centralized purchasing portal.
Tim McGrath, President and CEO of Connection said, “Our acquisition of GlobalServe marks the next chapter in Connection’s history of customer-centric innovation. A significant number of our customers have international locations, and now we have a single solution to fulfill their IT needs, no matter where their operations are located. By leveraging the GlobalServe network and OneSource system, we will be better positioned to fulfill the unique needs of our large, multinational customers that want to simplify international sourcing and reduce costs.”
Building on an established record of customer-focused investments, the GlobalServe acquisition represents a major step forward in Connection’s ability to service customers on a global scale. Centralized purchasing, one-click reporting, and visibility into IT assets worldwide should enable customers to bridge the gaps created by geographic boundaries, currency, and language—and focus on building more competitive businesses.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Says It's Cooperating Fully with Detroit Health Department Following Case of Hepatitis A
- Monster Worldwide (MWW) Issues Response to MediaNews Group; Says Offer Would be 'Far Less' than Randstad's
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!