Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Concordia International Corp. (NASDAQ: CXRX) today announced that the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating various issues in relation to the UK pharmaceutical sector, and that Concordia's International segment is part of the inquiry.
The CMA's investigation includes matters that pre-date Concordia's ownership of the International segment. Concordia acquired the International segment as a result of its transaction to purchase Amdipharm Mercury Limited, which closed on October 21, 2015.
The CMA confirmed that it has not reached a view as to whether there is sufficient evidence of any infringement for it to issue a statement of objections.
The Company commented: "We are working cooperatively to better understand the CMA's positon and we will continue to work constructively to resolve the matter. Although Concordia has also had past discussions with the CMA regarding the supply of certain of its products in the UK, this is the first interaction with the CMA regarding the Company's pricing. There has been speculation in the press about these issues and this affords us the opportunity to have an objective discussion about our products and their contribution to the healthcare system."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- HomeStreet (HMST) Announces Finalization of Settlement Agreement with SEC
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!