Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Concordia International Corp. (NASDAQ: CXRX) today announced that the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is investigating various issues in relation to the UK pharmaceutical sector, and that Concordia's International segment is part of the inquiry.
The CMA's investigation includes matters that pre-date Concordia's ownership of the International segment. Concordia acquired the International segment as a result of its transaction to purchase Amdipharm Mercury Limited, which closed on October 21, 2015.
The CMA confirmed that it has not reached a view as to whether there is sufficient evidence of any infringement for it to issue a statement of objections.
The Company commented: "We are working cooperatively to better understand the CMA's positon and we will continue to work constructively to resolve the matter. Although Concordia has also had past discussions with the CMA regarding the supply of certain of its products in the UK, this is the first interaction with the CMA regarding the Company's pricing. There has been speculation in the press about these issues and this affords us the opportunity to have an objective discussion about our products and their contribution to the healthcare system."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Litigation, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!