Concordia (CXRX) Says CEO Thompson Sold Stock as Part of Margin Call; Comments on Pernix Therapeutics (PTX) M&A Chatter
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Concordia International Corp. (Nsdaq: CXRX) stated that Concordia's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Thompson was notified earlier today of the sale of 505,000 of his shares as part of a margin call.
These shares were not granted to Mr. Thompson as compensation. The shares were pledged to secure loans made to Mr. Thompson, and the sales terms were agreed upon, prior to the Company's April 21, 2016 announcement that it had formed a Special Committee to evaluate strategic alternatives. The financial institution executed the share sale after Concordia's common shares declined below a certain market price. Mr. Thompson continues to hold 1,620,251 shares of Concordia.
"It is with great regret that I have been forced to sell shares in Concordia," said Mark Thompson, Chairman and Chief Executive Office of Concordia. "Since founding Concordia three years ago, I participated in the initial equity offering and two subsequent financings and invested further last fall. This sale in no way diminishes my confidence in Concordia's business and prospects."
Concordia's senior management team is currently in a blackout period until the conclusion of the review of strategic alternatives and cannot proactively sell or buy shares at this time.
Concordia also commented today on media reports that it had acquired Pernix Therapeutics (Nasdaq: PTX). Concordia has not made a bid for, nor acquired Pernix Therapeutics and is not involved in any discussions about any type of transaction with Pernix Therapeutics.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fred's (FRED) Falls, Halted on WBA/RAD Antitrust Concerns
- International Paper (IP) calls expiring today active
- Haliburton (HAL) volatility low into the expected release of Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insider Trades, Mergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!