Concho Resources (CXO) Completes $1.63B Midland Basin Assets Acquisition; Updates on Financial Position
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Concho Resources Inc. (NYSE: CXO) completed its previously announced acquisition of approximately 40,000 net acres in the core of the Midland Basin from Reliance Energy for approximately $1.625 billion. The acquired assets, which are located in Andrews, Martin and Ector counties in Texas, include production of 10 MBoepd, comprised of 67% crude oil. Concho is currently running one rig on the acquired assets and plans to add a second rig in early 2017.
Strong Financial Position
The Company recently completed its previously announced redemption of the entire outstanding principal amount of $600 million of its 7.0% Senior Notes due January 2021 (the “Notes”). The redemption price for the Notes was 103.5% of the principal amount outstanding, which included the make-whole premium for the early redemption of the Notes as determined in accordance with the indenture governing the Notes. The Company also paid accrued and unpaid interest on the Notes through September 19, 2016, the redemption date.
Concho continues to reinforce its strong financial position. Pro forma for the Notes redemption, closing of the previously announced common stock offering and closing of the Reliance acquisition, the Company had long-term debt of approximately $2.7 billion as of June 30, 2016, representing a $0.9 billion reduction in long-term debt since June 30, 2015. Additionally, the Company’s pro forma liquidity totaled approximately $2.5 billion as of June 30, 2016, which reflects its undrawn revolving credit facility with total capacity of $2.5 billion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- SM Energy (SM) Announces 8M Share Common Stock Offering
- Boston Scientific (BSX) Accquires Certain Assets, 15% Equity Stake in of Neovasc (NVCN) for $75M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Earnings, Definitive Agreement, Equity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!