Conatus Pharma (CNAT) Says Emricasan Abstracts Accepted for AASLD Meeting
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: CNAT) announced today that abstracts for four posters – two addressing clinical results and two addressing preclinical results with the company’s pan-caspase inhibitor, emricasan – have been accepted for presentation at The Liver Meeting®, the annual meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) in Boston November 11-15, 2016.
Accepted abstracts were published today on the AASLD website at www.aasld.org/ for posters entitled:
- “Emricasan (IDN-6556) Orally for 6 Months in Patients with Cirrhosis and Elevated MELD Score Improves Liver Function,” (poster #2095);
- “Emricasan (IDN-6556) Orally for 6 Months in Patients with Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Cirrhosis Decreases the Progression of MELD score and Improves Liver Function,” (poster #2099);
- “Circulating microparticles carry apoptosis markers CK-18 and caspase-3/7 which are reduced by treatment with Emricasan in subjects with chronic liver diseases,” (poster #2098); and
- “The pan caspase inhibitor Emricasan improves the hepatic microcirculatory dysfunction of CCl4-cirrhotic rats leading to portal hypertension amelioration and cirrhosis regression,” (poster #2097).
- Both poster #2095 and poster #2097 were accepted as “Presidential Posters of Distinction,” indicating review scores that place them within the top 10 percent of all posters submitted.
“We continue accumulating clinical evidence of emricasan’s disease-modifying potential as we advance toward an initial registration in patients with liver cirrhosis caused by nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH),” said Conatus co-founder, President and Chief Executive Officer Steven J. Mento, Ph.D., “while simultaneously confirming emricasan’s multiple mechanistic effects on liver structure and function through preclinical studies. We are pleased with the opportunity to highlight the latest developments in both areas at the upcoming AASLD meeting, providing a deeper scientific understanding of the medical benefits observed in our clinical trials.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!