ConAgra Brands (CAG) Completes Lamb Weston (LW) Spin-off
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Conagra Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CAG), formerly known as ConAgra Foods, Inc., has completed the previously announced separation of its Lamb Weston business. The company’s name change has also become effective.
“This marks an exciting new chapter for Conagra. We are now a pure-play company with a renewed focus on capturing growth and driving shareholder value,” said Sean Connolly, president and chief executive officer of Conagra Brands. “This has been a time of tremendous change and I want to thank all of our employees for their efforts and determination during this transformation.”
For the first time in Conagra’s history, the company will be a singularly focused, consumer branded food company. The company name change to Conagra Brands reflects this new direction and streamlined focus. Conagra Brands’ annualized net sales are expected to approximate $8 billion. The company’s common stock continues to trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CAG”. Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc., now an independent company, trades on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker symbol “LW”.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, IPOs, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!