Computer Sciences (CSC), Hitachi Enter Expanded Cloud Partnership
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CSC (NYSE: CSC) announced the expansion of their long-standing, global alliance to help clients quickly and cost-effectively realize the benefits of cloud-enabled digital transformation through strategic focus on joint delivery of CSC BizCloudTM powered by Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP), storage-as-a-service (STaaS) and SAP HANA offerings. The companies have also entered into a new multi-year CSC Agility Platform reseller agreement.
As more enterprises shift to the cloud and embrace as-a-service IT deployment, they are encountering challenges around security, flexibility and build-versus-buy cost considerations. CSC BizCloud powered by Hitachi UCP addresses these challenges and enables infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and STaaS IT delivery across hybrid cloud environments. Clients in a wide range of sectors – from financial services to manufacturing and aerospace – have already adopted these joint offerings and have achieved:
- Real-time, remote and secure access to content;
- A consistent application deployment framework that addresses regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Rapid, reliable application currency via software release automation and workflow;
- One-step provisioning and deployment with increased security;
- Management of sensitive records; and
- Lower investment costs with existing storage infrastructure.
“Today, organizations are embracing digital transformation in order to accelerate innovation and increase mobility and business agility,” said Mike Walkey, senior vice president, Global Partner Organization at HDS. “Because every client and every transformation is different, we see value in offering many alternatives to help clients navigate this journey and achieve their desired business outcomes. Organizations want trusted partners who can ease enterprise cloud deployment, deliver cost-effective as-a-service offerings, and support corporate mobility initiatives. With a shared vision and strategy to simplify and accelerate the digital transformation journey for our mutual clients, HDS and CSC can be those partners.”
“We are capitalizing on and expanding our 20-year strategic relationship to deliver greater value to clients as they transform in the digital economy,” said Dave Zolet, executive vice president and general manager of CSC Americas Region. “Transformative offerings, like CSC BizCloud powered by Hitachi UCP and CSC Agility Platform, can help enterprise clients leverage the power of their data to create economic value.”
The new CSC Agility Platform reseller agreement enables HDS to offer greater choice and flexibility to clients looking to find the best-fit solution for their IT environment. The advanced automation and management capabilities of the CSC Agility Platform combined with the Hitachi UCP converged infrastructure solutions from HDS can cost-effectively ease and accelerate enterprise hybrid cloud deployments through a single platform.
Learn more about the expanded CSC and HDS alliance and how the companies are enabling digital transformation through simplified data, mobility, cloud management and as-a-service IT delivery:
- CSC and Hitachi Alliance InFocus Slideshow;
- CSC BizCloud Powered by Hitachi UCP Solution Sheet;
- CSC Agility and HDS Video; and
- CSC and HDS STaaS and SAP HANA Infrastructure Utility Model Solutions
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CSC to Report Third Quarter 2017 Results on Thursday, February 2, 2017
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!