Community Health Systems (CYH) to Sell Rockwood Health System in $425M Deal
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CYH) announced that subsidiaries of the Company have signed a definitive agreement to sell Rockwood Health System and its associated assets to MultiCare Health System for $425 million, subject to certain adjustments. Facilities included in the transaction include 388-bed Deaconess Hospital in Spokane, 123-bed Valley Hospital in Spokane Valley and the multi-specialty Rockwood Clinic, all in Washington.
Commenting on the announcement, Wayne T. Smith, chairman and chief executive officer of Community Health Systems, Inc., said, “Rockwood Health System is a strong healthcare system, and we have carefully considered how to position it for future success. The hospitals and clinic will benefit from joining a growing regional health system that is expanding its network across the Pacific Northwest.”
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017, subject to customary regulatory approvals and closing conditions. This transaction is one of the seven transactions discussed on the Company’s third quarter 2016 earnings call. The Company will apply proceeds of the transaction to pay down debt.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Exclusive: HSBC cutting around 100 senior banking jobs globally - sources
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!