Community Health Systems (CYH) Affirms Preliminary Discussions for Possible Transaction
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CYH) announced that the Company, with the assistance of advisors, is exploring a variety of options with financial sponsors, as well as other potential alternatives.
The discussions are at a very preliminary stage and there is no timeline established for this review. There can be no certainty that the exploration will result in any kind of transaction. The Company does not expect to make further public comment regarding these matters while the exploration process takes place.
“Community Health Systems’ primary focus continues to be on delivering high-quality health services in the communities where we operate,” said Wayne T. Smith, chairman and chief executive officer of Community Health Systems, Inc. “Our management team is completely committed to efforts that advance clinical excellence, operational and financial performance and growth strategies that will benefit our organization and the customers we serve.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!