Community Health Systems (CYH) Affirms Preliminary Discussions for Possible Transaction
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Community Health Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CYH) announced that the Company, with the assistance of advisors, is exploring a variety of options with financial sponsors, as well as other potential alternatives.
The discussions are at a very preliminary stage and there is no timeline established for this review. There can be no certainty that the exploration will result in any kind of transaction. The Company does not expect to make further public comment regarding these matters while the exploration process takes place.
“Community Health Systems’ primary focus continues to be on delivering high-quality health services in the communities where we operate,” said Wayne T. Smith, chairman and chief executive officer of Community Health Systems, Inc. “Our management team is completely committed to efforts that advance clinical excellence, operational and financial performance and growth strategies that will benefit our organization and the customers we serve.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Merus N.V. (MRUS) Enters Strategic Research Collaboration with Incyte (INCY); Includes Upfront Payment of $120M
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- Macrocure (MCUR) Completes Merger with Leap Therapeutics
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!