Comcast (CMCSA) Announces Launch of Netflix (NFLX) on X1 Devices
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- Target (TGT) November/December Comps Fell 1.3%; Lowers Guidance
- US Drone Market Could Reach 6 Million By 2019 - Oppenheimer
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) and Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) announced the Netflix service will launch on millions of X1 devices across the country next week. Integrated throughout the platform, X1 customers with Netflix subscriptions will be able to easily browse and access over the internet the extensive online collection of Netflix TV shows and movies alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
“We are excited to add Netflix to X1 and give our customers access to all the content they love in a way that has never been done before,” said Neil Smit, Chief Executive Officer, Comcast Cable. “Netflix has been a terrific partner, and our incredible teams of engineers and designers have come together to create an experience that is not only seamless and intuitive, but also lets viewers search and watch tens of thousands of movies, shows, specials and documentaries with the sound of their voice."
Netflix content will be fully integrated into Xfinity On Demand, enabling X1 customers to watch past and current seasons of shows like The Blacklist, How To Get Away With Murder or The Walking Dead; explore popular Netflix original series like House of Cards, Orange Is The New Black and Stranger Things; or catch up on recent classics like Breaking Bad, LOST and Mad Men, all in one place.
“The Netflix integration into the X1 platform means our mutual customers will no longer need to change inputs or juggle remotes,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “Now they can seamlessly move between the Netflix app and their cable service, enjoying all the TV shows and movies they love without hassle.”
By combining the TV libraries of Netflix and Xfinity On Demand, X1 customers can:
- Launch the Netflix app by simply saying “Netflix” into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse Netflix content alongside other on demand movies and shows
- Search for an actor like “Adam Sandler” or “Kevin Spacey” and see everything they are in, across both Xfinity and Netflix.
- Start from the beginning of long-running shows like The Walking Dead or Scandal -- with all prior seasons from Netflix and the current season from Xfinity -- available in one place.
Current X1 and Netflix customers will be prompted to sign in when accessing the Netflix service on X1 for the first time. New Netflix customers will be able to sign up for a new Netflix membership directly on X1, have the service added to their Comcast bill and begin to immediately explore and enjoy the service on X1 or across devices.
The Emmy-award winning X1 platform will be in 50 percent of Comcast video customer homes by the end of 2016. For more information about X1, interested customers can visit www.xfinity.com/X1. To learn more about Netflix on X1, visit www.xfinity.com/netflix.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Roka Bioscience (ROKA) Names Mary Duseau as CEO; Paul Thomas to Assume Role as Chairman
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) Announces Two Patents for Fabrication Process of BrushForm 158
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!