Collegium Pharma (COLL) Announces Publication of Alternative Xtampza ER Administration Modes
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Collegium Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Nasdaq: COLL) announced the publication of “An Abuse-Deterrent, Microsphere-in-Capsule Formulation of Extended-Release Oxycodone: Alternative Modes of Administration to Facilitate Pain Management in Patients with Dysphagia,” in the peer-reviewed medical journal, Current Medical Research and Opinion.
The publication included results from multiple in vitro studies and clinical pharmacokinetic studies demonstrating that Xtampza® ER (oxycodone extended-release), an abuse-deterrent, extended-release opioid, can be administered by sprinkling onto soft food, administering the capsule contents through enteral tubes (nasogastric and gastrostomy) or crushed/chewed without affecting the drug release profile of the formulation.
Dr. Bill McCarberg, lead author on the publication and a founding member of the Chronic Pain Management Program at Kaiser Permanente and President of the Western Pain Society, stated “A surprising number of patients do not notify their physicians about their inability or dislike of swallowing pills. This can lead to a patient misusing their medication by attempting to crush, chew, or dissolve oral opioid extended-release formulations in an effort to facilitate swallowing. For certain drugs, like extended-release opioids, this can lead to potentially severe consequences. The results of these studies suggest that Xtampza ER could provide a valuable treatment option, especially in those patients who have dysphagia or an aversion to swallowing tablet formulations and for whom alternative therapies are not a viable therapeutic option.”
The following link will take you to the full publication: Current Medical Research and Opinion.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- La Jolla Pharmaceutical (LJPC) Announces Receipt of Positive EMA CHMP for LJPC-401 in SCD
- ChromaDex (CDXC) Announces Publication of Data on NAD+ Precursors NR, NMN
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!