Coherus BioSciences (CHRS) Regains All CHS-0214 Development and Commercial Rights from Shire (SHPG)
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Coherus BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHRS) announced that it has regained from Shire plc all development and commercial rights previously licensed for CHS-0214 etanercept, a biosimilar candidate to Enbrel®, for Europe, Canada, Brazil, the Middle East and other territories. Reconveyance of CHS-0214 rights to Coherus results from Shire’s strategic portfolio review, following its June 2016 acquisition of Baxalta Incorporated, and includes no present or future payments from Coherus.
“Good companies properly exercise discipline around their chosen strategic focus, and we are very grateful to our colleagues at Baxalta and Shire for their assistance in advancing the CHS-0214 Enbrel biosimilar program,” said Denny Lanfear, President and CEO of Coherus BioSciences. “These reacquired geographical rights fit well with our existing U.S. CHS-0214 rights, and we now have the opportunity to license throughout Europe, U.S. and other key commercial geographies two complimentary Anti-TNF assets— CHS-0214, an Enbrel® biosimilar candidate and CHS-1420, a Humira® biosimilar candidate. We remain on track for submission of a CHS-0214 Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency in the fourth quarter of 2016.”
As of June 30, 2016, Coherus’ condensed consolidated balance sheet reflected deferred revenue of $85.8 million and $76.8 million for a contingent payment in the event Coherus commercially launched CHS-0214 in the United States under the Shire collaboration. As a result of the termination agreement with Shire, Coherus expects to recognize the $162.6 million as collaboration and license revenues in 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- XPO Logistics (XPO) Announces $558M Divestiture of American Truckload Operation to TransForce
- ProQR (PRQR) QR-010 Proof of Concept Study Meets the Primary Endpoint
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Confirms FDA Partial Clinical Hold Placed on Patient Recruitment for MEDI4736 Trial in HNSCC; Issues Commentary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesS1, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!