Coherus BioSciences (CHRS) Regains All CHS-0214 Development and Commercial Rights from Shire (SHPG)
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Coherus BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: CHRS) announced that it has regained from Shire plc all development and commercial rights previously licensed for CHS-0214 etanercept, a biosimilar candidate to Enbrel®, for Europe, Canada, Brazil, the Middle East and other territories. Reconveyance of CHS-0214 rights to Coherus results from Shire’s strategic portfolio review, following its June 2016 acquisition of Baxalta Incorporated, and includes no present or future payments from Coherus.
“Good companies properly exercise discipline around their chosen strategic focus, and we are very grateful to our colleagues at Baxalta and Shire for their assistance in advancing the CHS-0214 Enbrel biosimilar program,” said Denny Lanfear, President and CEO of Coherus BioSciences. “These reacquired geographical rights fit well with our existing U.S. CHS-0214 rights, and we now have the opportunity to license throughout Europe, U.S. and other key commercial geographies two complimentary Anti-TNF assets— CHS-0214, an Enbrel® biosimilar candidate and CHS-1420, a Humira® biosimilar candidate. We remain on track for submission of a CHS-0214 Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency in the fourth quarter of 2016.”
As of June 30, 2016, Coherus’ condensed consolidated balance sheet reflected deferred revenue of $85.8 million and $76.8 million for a contingent payment in the event Coherus commercially launched CHS-0214 in the United States under the Shire collaboration. As a result of the termination agreement with Shire, Coherus expects to recognize the $162.6 million as collaboration and license revenues in 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- KemPharm (KMPH) Files IND with U.S. FDA to Commence Human Trials of KP201/IR
- Abeona Therapeutics (ABEO) Granted U.S. FDA Fast Track Designation for ABO-102 in Sanfilippo Syndrome Type A
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesS1, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!