Cognex Corp (CGNX) Acquires 3D Companies EnShape GmbH and AQSense
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cognex Corporation (NASDAQ: CGNX) has expanded its 3D vision capabilities with the recent acquisition of two companies specializing in 3D machine vision technology.
On October 27, 2016, Cognex acquired EnShape GmbH, a maker of advanced 3D vision sensors and software based in Jena, Germany. EnShape’s 3D sensors use patented area-scan technology for fast image capture at high resolution, and eliminate the need to mechanically move objects in front of the device as required with laser line scanners. The company’s team of highly skilled 3D vision engineers will become part of a new Cognex engineering center based in Jena.
On August 30, 2016, Cognex also completed the acquisition of AQSense, a provider of 3D vision software based in Girona, Spain. AQSense develops and sells a library of field-tested 3D vision tools and a configuration software package that helps customers easily set up their 3D vision applications. The company’s software engineers joined Cognex’s 3D engineering team upon the closing of the acquisition.
“We see a growing number of opportunities for 3D vision in industries such as automotive, consumer electronics and logistics, to name just a few,” said Joerg Kuechen, Vice President of Vision Products for Cognex. “We believe that our acquisition of these two companies, especially the addition of two highly experienced new engineering teams, will accelerate our ability to bring innovative new 3D products to market.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- TransDigm (TDG) Defended at Deutsche Bank
- A.M. Best Withdraws Credit Ratings of Unity Reinsurance Company, Ltd.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!