Coca Cola (KO) to Acquire AB InBev's (BUD) CCBA Stake
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
The Coca-Cola Company today announced its intention to acquire Anheuser-Busch InBev’s (ABI) stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) following the closing of the ABI combination with SABMiller.
The company has chosen to exercise its right to acquire ABI’s stake in CCBA because it intends to implement its long-term strategic plan in these markets with other partners. While the company respects ABI’s capabilities, it has a number of existing partners who are highly qualified and interested in these bottling territories.
During the next few months the company will negotiate the terms of the transaction with ABI according to the contractual parameters, which will later be followed by a regulatory approval process. The Coca-Cola Company also will continue negotiations with potential partners, and plans to refranchise CCBA as soon as practical following regulatory approval. The company’s intent is to account for the acquired stake as a discontinued operation for reporting purposes.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SS&C Technologies (SSNC) Enters Agreement to Acquire CRM Solutions Provider Salentica
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK) Announces Acquisition of Software Analytics Provider Analyze Re
- Unilife Corp. (UNIS) Issues Accelerated Convertible Note to Amgen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!