Cobalt International Energy (CIE) Announces Early Termination of its Rowan Reliance Drillship Contract
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (“Cobalt”) (NYSE: CIE) today announced that it has entered into an amendment to its drilling contract (“Amendment”) with Rowan (UK) Reliance Limited, an affiliate of Rowan Companies plc (“Rowan”), which provides for the early termination of Cobalt’s long term drilling contract for the Rowan Reliance drillship. The drilling contract was originally scheduled to terminate on February 1, 2018 and the Amendment provides for a contract termination date of March 31, 2017. Additionally, per the Amendment, Cobalt will save 45% of the contract value between the original termination date and the new termination date, or approximately $80 million, and will pay to Rowan the remainder of approximately $98 million. Cobalt also commits to use Rowan as its exclusive provider of drilling services for five years at market rates as determined by normal indices.
Timothy J. Cutt, Cobalt’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are very glad to reach an agreement with Rowan that helps our balance sheet in the near term and secures a strong relationship with Rowan for the long term.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- DryShips (DRYS) Acquires Its First VLGC With 5 Year Time Charter Attached to Oil Major
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!