Cobalt International Energy (CIE) Announces Early Termination of its Rowan Reliance Drillship Contract
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (“Cobalt”) (NYSE: CIE) today announced that it has entered into an amendment to its drilling contract (“Amendment”) with Rowan (UK) Reliance Limited, an affiliate of Rowan Companies plc (“Rowan”), which provides for the early termination of Cobalt’s long term drilling contract for the Rowan Reliance drillship. The drilling contract was originally scheduled to terminate on February 1, 2018 and the Amendment provides for a contract termination date of March 31, 2017. Additionally, per the Amendment, Cobalt will save 45% of the contract value between the original termination date and the new termination date, or approximately $80 million, and will pay to Rowan the remainder of approximately $98 million. Cobalt also commits to use Rowan as its exclusive provider of drilling services for five years at market rates as determined by normal indices.
Timothy J. Cutt, Cobalt’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are very glad to reach an agreement with Rowan that helps our balance sheet in the near term and secures a strong relationship with Rowan for the long term.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) Announces Exclusive Global Distribution Agreement with Nextremity Solutions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!