Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Wall Street indexes flat in pre-holiday lull; health, consumer up
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders Outpace in Oct.; Deere Issues Cautious Outlook; Valeant Combats Short Sellers
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Obama tells Americans homeland is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semi (NXPI) Will Sell RF Power Amplifier Assets to Settle FTC Complaint in Freescale (FSL) Deal
- Fed Proposes Rule for Additional Liquidity Disclosures from Large Banking Organizations
- Descartes Systems Group (DSGX) Acquires Oz Development in ~$29.5M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!