Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Wall Street opens slightly lower as oil falls
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil prices slip as hopes for a deal in Algiers fade
- Mexican and Canadian currencies rise, investors feel Clinton won debate
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/27: (GI) (KITE) (INFI) Higher; (NAT) (SXL) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Most SABMiller Proxy Votes Said to Back AB InBev (BUD) Takeover Bid - Bloomberg
- C-Tracks ETNs linked to the Miller/Howard MLP Fundamental Index (MLPC) To Pay Quarterly Coupon
- Oracle (ORCL) Cleared by U.S. DOJ to Acquire NetSuite (N)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!