Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Top 10 News for 4/27 - 4/30: iPhone Pushes Apple to Another Strong Quarter; PCE Slowdown Hits Q1 GDP; U.S. Auto Sale Lag in April
- Third Point Reveals 'Significant Stake' in Yum! (YUM) and New Position in Devon (DVN)
- Tesla (TSLA) Debuts New Powerwall Home Battery Product
- Analyst Calls Apple Watch a Bust (AAPL)
- CSX (CSX) Gains Ahead of Sohn Conference as Ackman Chatter Grows Louder
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citigroup (C) Declares $0.05 Quarterly Dividend; 0.4% Yield
- Ford Motor (F) April U.S. Sales Rose 5.4%; F-Series Retail Sales Improved 8%
- XL Group (NYSE: XL) Announces Completion of Catlin Group Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!