Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Men's Wearhouse (MW) to Acquire Jos. A. Bank (JOSB) for $65/Share Cash
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/11: (CDTI) (LJPC) (ZBB) Higher; (INUV) (SSH) (ARTX) Lower
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
- FINRA: Bitcoin is 'More than A Bit Risky'
- Cohen's SAC Capital to Take on New Name in April
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
You May Also Be Interested In
- NRG Energy (NRG) to Acquire Retail Electric Business of Dominion (D)
- Chiquita Brands (CQB), Fyffes plc Enter Merger Agreement
- Blackstone (BX)-Led Private Equity Consortium Preparing $5.5B Bid for Gates Global - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!