Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Top 10 News for 10/27 - 10/31: Fed Ends Easing; Q3 was Tough on Social Media Giants; Apple CEO Cook Gets Personal
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) Active, Nucor (NUE) in Talks to Invest in Bloom Lake - DJ
- Citigroup (C) Adjusts Q3 Results Lower
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT) Completes Acquisition of tw telecom (TWTC)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!