Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Analog Devices (ADI) to Acquire Linear Technology (LLTC) for ~$60/Share
- Wall St. dips, earnings on deck from Apple and Twitter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/26: (KOOL) (ALIM) (SPHS) Higher; (TKAI) (CRME) (SDLP) Lower
- Is Apple (AAPL) Finally a Buy Ahead of Q3 Print?
- Netflix (NFLX) Director Jay Hoag Scoops Up 600,000 Shares
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citigroup (C) Fires Mortgage Trader Over Mismarked Portfolio
- UPDATE: LeEco to Acquire Vizio in $2B Deal
- UPDATE: AMC Entertainment (AMC) to Acquire Carmike Cinemas (CKEC) in $1.2B Cash and Stock deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!