Citigroup (C) Sells Stake in HDFC for $1.9B; Sees Post-tax Gain of $722M
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Issues Light FY14 Guidance; Updates Growth Targets
- Hilton Worldwide (HLT) IPO Opens at $21.30
- Fidelity, Silicon Valley VCs Want You to Open Your Wallet to Bitcoin
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/12: (GNVC) (NLP) (ZN) Higher; (IMUC) (SPPR) (SYN) Lower
- Initial Jobless Claims Spike Higher, But Market May Take it in Stride
Citigroup Inc. (NYSE: C) has sold 145.3 million shares in Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) through the National Stock Exchange, representing the entirety of its 9.85% interest, for INR 657.56 per share. Total proceeds from the transaction are expected to be $1.9 billion at the current exchange rate, resulting in a pre-tax gain to Citigroup of $1.1 billion (INR 54.9 billion), and an after-tax gain of approximately $722 million (INR 35.5 billion).
You May Also Be Interested In
- GM (GM) Sells Ally Financial Stake for $900M
- Citi launches new UK Autocall Fund Structure
- Marketo (MKTO) to Acquire Real-Time Personalization Platform Provider Insightera
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!