Citigroup (C) Agrees to Sell Consumer Business in Brazil
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Citi (NYSE: C) announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell its consumer banking business in Brazil to Itaú Unibanco, subject to regulatory approvals. Citigroup does not expect the financial terms of the transaction to be material to its earnings.
The sale constitutes approximately US$2.8 billion in assets for Citi in Brazil and includes credit cards, personal loans and deposit accounts, as well as Citi Brazil’s retail brokerage business. Citi’s consumer banking operations in Brazil will continue to operate in the ordinary course through the transition to Itaú Unibanco. Upon the conclusion of the transaction, Citi will continue serving clients of its corporate and investment bank, commercial and private bank businesses in the country.
“Brazil is a strategic market for Citi and is an essential part of our footprint and global network,” said Jane Fraser, Citi Latin America CEO. “We have been in Brazil for more than 100 years and we will continue to grow our market leading franchise serving our institutional and private bank clients, leveraging our global presence and generating better returns on our assets and capital for our shareholders.”
Over more than a century, Citi has delivered the power of its unrivalled global network to local, regional and multinational clients in Brazil. The country continues to provide immensely attractive business opportunities for Citi and the bank remains committed to maintaining and growing its longstanding presence in Brazil.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- EQT Equity Completes Press Ganey (PGND) Acquisition
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesCiti, Twitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!