Cipher Pharma (CPHR) Will Delist from Nasdaq on Voluntary Basis
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: CPHR) announced that its Board of Directors has approved the voluntary withdrawal of its common shares from NASDAQ and the voluntary de-registration of its common shares under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act. Cipher's common shares will continue trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX"), where the Company has been listed since 2004.
"Consistent with our commitment to increasing profitability and driving shareholder value, our Board concluded that eliminating these significant expenses outweighed the benefits of maintaining the U.S. listing at this point," said Stephen L. Lemieux, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Secretary of the Company. "The TSX has been our primary market and represents a higher percentage of our trading volume."
Cipher plans to file a Form 25 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") approximately 10 days after the date hereof and expects that its common shares will cease trading on NASDAQ on or about December 12, 2016. The Company expects to cease filing reports with the SEC in the first quarter of 2017. Cipher's audited annual and unaudited interim quarterly financial statements, press releases and other information will continue to be available on SEDAR and the Company's website at www.cipherpharma.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- MasterCraft (MCFT) Prices Larger Secondary Stock Offering for Proceeds of $17.4M
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP) Files $750M Common Units Shelf
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!