Cipher Pharma (CPHR) Confirms It's Working with Advisor on Various Strategic Alternatives
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ: CPHR), in response to a request for comment from Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada ("IIROC") and an article which appeared today in Reuters, announced that the Company is working with an advisor to consider various strategic alternatives potentially available to enhance shareholder value, with a focus on the U.S. business. The advisor was engaged as part of the previously announced strategic review being undertaken by Cipher's Board of Directors.
"As we have discussed in recent months, we are very focused on increasing the profitability of the business and are working with our advisor to evaluate options with a view to enhancing value for all shareholders," said Dr. John D. Mull, Chair of Cipher's Board of Directors.
While Cipher has engaged an advisor, there is no certainty that any transaction or alternative will be undertaken or pursued. The Company has not set a definitive schedule to complete its evaluation and no decision on any particular transaction or alternative has been reached at this time. The Company does not intend to disclose ongoing developments with respect to this process, but in accordance with its continuous disclosure obligations, will disclose material developments if, as and when they occur.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Hot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDividend, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!