Cigna Corp. (CI) Comments on CMS Star Quality Ratings; Sees no Financial Impact in FY16 - 17
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cigna Corp. (NYSE: CI) disclosed the following on Wednesday:
Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure.
On October 12, 2016, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services ("CMS") announced 2017 Medicare Stars Quality Ratings ("Stars") for Medicare Advantage plans. While Stars ratings are based on a number of plan performance measures that are evaluated each year, the projected Stars ratings for plans offered by certain subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation ("Cigna") included certain reductions which are primarily attributable to our previously announced CMS audit.
Under the Stars ratings posted by CMS today, approximately 20% of our Medicare Advantage customers would be in a 4 Stars or greater plan. There is no financial impact in 2016 or 2017 because these ratings apply to plans for the 2018 payment year.
We do not believe that these Stars ratings reflect the quality offerings Cigna HealthSpring provides to beneficiaries. We will work fully with CMS through their process to ensure that they have the information and analysis needed to calculate final Stars ratings that more accurately reflect our performance. Cigna continues to achieve high quality health outcomes, providing significant benefit to our Medicare Advantage customers.
We remain committed to our partnership with CMS and to delivering quality products and services to seniors, while working to mitigate the impact these Stars ratings could have on our offerings in 2018.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Loses Bid to Revive '413, '250, and Third Capaxone Patent in IPR Review - Bloomberg
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!