Christopher & Banks (CBK) Prelim. Q3 Revenue Tops Views; Comps Rose 4.5%
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Christopher & Banks Corporation (NYSE: CBK), a specialty women’s apparel retailer, today announced preliminary results for its third quarter ended October 29, 2016.
For the third quarter, the Company currently expects:
- Net sales of approximately $106.2 million while operating on average 506 stores as compared to last year’s third quarter net sales of $103.6 million, while operating on average 533 stores. (The Street was looking for revenue of $104.6 million.);
- Comparable sales to increase 4.5% compared to a 6.7% decrease in last year’s third quarter;
- Gross margin to be at the high end or above its guidance of 35% to 36%, as compared to 35.8% in last year’s third quarter;
- SG&A to be at or below the low end of its guidance which was $33.0 million as compared to $33.6 million in last year’s third quarter;
- Inventory on-hand at the end of the quarter to be 3% to 4% below last year’s third quarter; and
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter to be between $25 million and $26 million.
LuAnn Via, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Overall, we are very pleased with our performance during the third quarter as our customers responded favorably to our merchandise assortment and our marketing efforts. Our initiatives are beginning to take hold as we were able to drive positive comparable sales in all three months while maintaining gross margin, despite a continuation of negative mall traffic trends, a highly promotional environment and unseasonably warm weather. I am proud of our team for executing well in a difficult retail environment. We look forward, during our upcoming earnings call, to discussing our third quarter results in more detail in addition to providing an update on our initiatives to return to long-term growth and profitability while reducing expenses and improving operational efficiencies.”
Conference Call Information
The Company’s third quarter 2016 earnings release and conference call is currently scheduled for the morning of Thursday, December 1, 2016. On the conference call, the Company expects to provide further commentary on its third quarter results and its expectations for the remainder of the fiscal year. Further details regarding the earnings conference call are expected to be announced on or about November 17, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gigamon, Inc. (GIMO) Prelim. Q4 Revenue Falls Short of Consensus
- Linear Technology Corp. (LLTC) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Caesars Entertainment (CZR) Announces Confirmation of CEOC's Plan of Reorganization
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!