Christopher & Banks (CBK) Prelim. Q3 Revenue Tops Views; Comps Rose 4.5%
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Christopher & Banks Corporation (NYSE: CBK), a specialty women’s apparel retailer, today announced preliminary results for its third quarter ended October 29, 2016.
For the third quarter, the Company currently expects:
- Net sales of approximately $106.2 million while operating on average 506 stores as compared to last year’s third quarter net sales of $103.6 million, while operating on average 533 stores. (The Street was looking for revenue of $104.6 million.);
- Comparable sales to increase 4.5% compared to a 6.7% decrease in last year’s third quarter;
- Gross margin to be at the high end or above its guidance of 35% to 36%, as compared to 35.8% in last year’s third quarter;
- SG&A to be at or below the low end of its guidance which was $33.0 million as compared to $33.6 million in last year’s third quarter;
- Inventory on-hand at the end of the quarter to be 3% to 4% below last year’s third quarter; and
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the quarter to be between $25 million and $26 million.
LuAnn Via, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, "Overall, we are very pleased with our performance during the third quarter as our customers responded favorably to our merchandise assortment and our marketing efforts. Our initiatives are beginning to take hold as we were able to drive positive comparable sales in all three months while maintaining gross margin, despite a continuation of negative mall traffic trends, a highly promotional environment and unseasonably warm weather. I am proud of our team for executing well in a difficult retail environment. We look forward, during our upcoming earnings call, to discussing our third quarter results in more detail in addition to providing an update on our initiatives to return to long-term growth and profitability while reducing expenses and improving operational efficiencies.”
Conference Call Information
The Company’s third quarter 2016 earnings release and conference call is currently scheduled for the morning of Thursday, December 1, 2016. On the conference call, the Company expects to provide further commentary on its third quarter results and its expectations for the remainder of the fiscal year. Further details regarding the earnings conference call are expected to be announced on or about November 17, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Comps Outpaced; FY16 EPS Outlook Below Views
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!