Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Begins Offering Chorizo at All U.S. Restaurants
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Starting tomorrow, Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) will serve chorizo in all U.S. restaurants. The spicy new sausage was introduced in five markets in June.
“The reaction to chorizo in the cities that have had it has been overwhelmingly positive, so we’re making it available in all of our restaurants across the country,” said Steve Ells, founder, chairman and co-CEO of Chipotle. “Our chorizo is made with Responsibly Raised chicken and pork, and provides a delicious new option that fits perfectly with the rest of our menu.”
Made with a blend of pork and white-meat chicken, Chipotle’s chorizo is seasoned with paprika, toasted cumin and chipotle peppers, then seared on a hot grill to give it a perfect char. Chorizo is available in burritos, tacos, burrito bowls and salads and can be combined with other signature ingredients.
The nationwide launch of chorizo comes just in time for National Taco Day, which is celebrated each year on October 4. Chipotle is excited to offer customers another delicious way to enjoy tacos on this fun national “holiday”, and throughout the entire year.
For years Chipotle has been providing fresh, Responsibly Raised ingredients grown and raised with respect for farmers, animals and the environment. This includes serving Responsibly Raised meats, ingredients that are not genetically engineered, certain organic produce items and a majority of dairy from cows raised on pasture.
For more information, please visit Chipotle.com/chorizo-info.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. to Present at Barclays Eat, Sleep, Play – It’s Not All Discretionary Conference on December 6
- FMC Technologies (FTI), Technip Receive Shareholder Approval of Proposed Merger
- BeiGene (BGNE) Presents Updated BGB-3111 Phase 1 Data in CLL/SLL; Strong ORR and PFS Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!