China Finance Online (JRJC) Enters Settlement Over Class Action Suit
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
China Finance Online Co. Limited (Nasdaq: JRJC) announced that it has entered into a Stipulation of Settlement with lead plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit against the Company filed in June 2015.
The securities class action lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California and later transferred to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Wang v. China Finance Online, Case no. 1:15-CV-07894-RMB) against the Company and alleges that the Company's public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission included materially false statements and/or omitted material facts that the Company's transactions with a Chinese entity were related party transactions, which inflated the price of the Company's securities during the period from April 29, 2013 and June 3, 2015. The Company entered into the Stipulation of Settlement without any admission of wrongdoing and provided for a settlement fund of $3 million.
The Stipulation of Settlement remains subject to court approval and certain other conditions including notice to the class members and administration of the settlement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- First NBC Bank Holding (FNBC) Regains Nasdaq Listing Compliance
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!