China Finance Online (JRJC) Enters Settlement Over Class Action Suit
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
China Finance Online Co. Limited (Nasdaq: JRJC) announced that it has entered into a Stipulation of Settlement with lead plaintiffs in the class action lawsuit against the Company filed in June 2015.
The securities class action lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California and later transferred to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (Wang v. China Finance Online, Case no. 1:15-CV-07894-RMB) against the Company and alleges that the Company's public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission included materially false statements and/or omitted material facts that the Company's transactions with a Chinese entity were related party transactions, which inflated the price of the Company's securities during the period from April 29, 2013 and June 3, 2015. The Company entered into the Stipulation of Settlement without any admission of wrongdoing and provided for a settlement fund of $3 million.
The Stipulation of Settlement remains subject to court approval and certain other conditions including notice to the class members and administration of the settlement.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- Forum Energy Technologies (FET) Commences 7M Share Common Stock Offering
- Ring Energy (REI) Plans Common Stock Offering
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!