China Biologic Products (CBPO) Approved by CFDA to Commence ATIII Product Trials
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
China Biologic Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBPO) announced that Shandong Taibang Biological Products Co. Ltd., the Company's majority-owned subsidiary, recently obtained approval from the China Food and Drug Administration (the "CFDA") to begin human clinical trials on its Human Antithrombin III ("ATIII") product.
ATIII is intended to treat hereditary and acquired ATIII deficiency in connection with surgical or obstetrical procedures, and to treat thromboembolism. No manufacturer in China currently offers plasma-derived ATIII product. China Biologic expects to commence clinical trials for the ATIII product in 2017 and complete the trials in two years or longer.
Mr. David (Xiaoying) Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of China Biologic, commented, "We are pleased to obtain approval by the CFDA to conduct clinical trials for our ATIII product. This approval comes shortly after we received clinical trial approval for our Human Coagulation FIX product, which demonstrates our ongoing research and development efforts and commitment to serving the broader needs of coagulation-deficient patients. In addition to its known indications, we believe the ATIII product also has broader treatment uses, for which we intend to conduct further research. We believe this product will further improve our plasma fractionation utilization and also contribute to our future financial performance."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- USANA Health Sciences (USNA) Names New CIO and President
- Shutterfly (SFLY) Adds Two New Directors
- Gores Group Unit to Acquire Triumph Group's (TGI) TAR Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!