China Biologic Products (CBPO) Approved by CFDA to Commence ATIII Product Trials
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
China Biologic Products, Inc. (Nasdaq: CBPO) announced that Shandong Taibang Biological Products Co. Ltd., the Company's majority-owned subsidiary, recently obtained approval from the China Food and Drug Administration (the "CFDA") to begin human clinical trials on its Human Antithrombin III ("ATIII") product.
ATIII is intended to treat hereditary and acquired ATIII deficiency in connection with surgical or obstetrical procedures, and to treat thromboembolism. No manufacturer in China currently offers plasma-derived ATIII product. China Biologic expects to commence clinical trials for the ATIII product in 2017 and complete the trials in two years or longer.
Mr. David (Xiaoying) Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of China Biologic, commented, "We are pleased to obtain approval by the CFDA to conduct clinical trials for our ATIII product. This approval comes shortly after we received clinical trial approval for our Human Coagulation FIX product, which demonstrates our ongoing research and development efforts and commitment to serving the broader needs of coagulation-deficient patients. In addition to its known indications, we believe the ATIII product also has broader treatment uses, for which we intend to conduct further research. We believe this product will further improve our plasma fractionation utilization and also contribute to our future financial performance."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!