China Automotive Systems (CAAS) Commences Production of Electric Power Steering Systems for Fiat Chrysler
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
China Automotive Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CAAS) announced it has begun commercial production of steering gears to supply to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' (NYSE: FCAU) electric power steering (EPS) systems for a new C-SUV model set to launch in 2017.
The Company has begun shipping these newly designed steering gears from its brand new, state-of-the-art, automated assembly plant located in Jingzhou, Hubei Province, China to FCA's new C-SUV assembly plant in Toluca, Mexico.
Mr. Qizhou Wu, Chief Executive Officer of CAAS, commented, "We have been in Chrysler's global sourcing program since 2009. In the past 7 years, as a key tier-one supplier, we have won a number of accolades for our superior quality and outstanding performance in Chrysler's award winning models. As a result, our business in the North American market has exceeded 500,000 units of steering products on an annual basis. We continue to expand our product portfolio and production capabilities to extend our market leadership in China."
"We remain upbeat with the prospects of our EPS business at home and abroad. Our EPS systems execute lane-keeping and self-parking functionalities, which are the cornerstones for driverless vehicles. We are well positioned for more opportunities and collaboration with OEMs and technology companies," Mr. Wu concluded.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) Said to Face U.S. Criminal Diesel Emissions Probe - Bloomberg
- Nivalis Therapeutics (NVLS) Approves Corporate Restructuring; CEO to Step Down
- Rocky Brands (RCKY) CFO Resigns; Mike Staude Appointed Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesChrysler LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!