China Approves Abbott's (ABT) Acquisition of Alere (ALR)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), a global leader in rapid diagnostics announced that it has received notification from the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China (PRC) that after completing its review of the proposed acquisition the PRC has decided not to prohibit the acquisition of Alere Inc. by Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT).
Namal Nawana, CEO and President of Alere, said, "We are very pleased by this decision and remain confident that the merger will proceed according to the terms of the agreement."
As previously announced on February 1, 2016, Alere has entered into a definitive agreement under which Abbott will acquire Alere for $56 per common share in cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Bonanza Creek Energy (BCEI) Announces Receipt of Continued Listing Standard Notice from NYSE
- Moody's Lowers Outlook on Zayo Group (ZAYO) to Stable; Ratings Affirmed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!