China Approves Abbott's (ABT) Acquisition of Alere (ALR)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Alere Inc. (NYSE: ALR), a global leader in rapid diagnostics announced that it has received notification from the Ministry of Commerce of the People's Republic of China (PRC) that after completing its review of the proposed acquisition the PRC has decided not to prohibit the acquisition of Alere Inc. by Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT).
Namal Nawana, CEO and President of Alere, said, "We are very pleased by this decision and remain confident that the merger will proceed according to the terms of the agreement."
As previously announced on February 1, 2016, Alere has entered into a definitive agreement under which Abbott will acquire Alere for $56 per common share in cash.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- TransDigm (TDG) Defended at Deutsche Bank
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!